Director Disability Resource Centre
Louise Mckiernan is Chief Executive of the Disability Resource Centre; one of the leading disability organisations operating in Birmingham, Solihull and the wider West Midlands providing a range of services to disabled people, frail older people and those with long term health conditions.
This includes not only individuals with mental ill health but also those presenting with poor mental health as a result of their impairment or health condition.
Service provision for people with mental ill health in Birmingham includes:
- Information, advice and advocacy support on such issues as housing, debt, fuel poverty, welfare, safeguarding, independent living and access to statutory and non-statutory services
- Confidential counselling services
- Social, leisure and health promotion activities
- Life skills and personal development training
- Work preparation and employment support
- Help at Home Service supporting people to live independently in their own homes through the provision of domestic support tasks, garden maintenance and handy-person services